AMA’s Digital Marketing Certification: Hone Your Skills
Thinking about acquiring AMA’s Digital Marketing Certification? Then keep on reading: we’ve explained the differences between the AMA’s Digital Marketing Certification programs as well as the benefits they’ll bring to you.
What Is AMA’s Digital Marketing Certification?
The American Marketing Association (AMA) is a professional organization that offers resources, networking opportunities, and professional development for marketing professionals. One of the services they provide is certification programs that help marketers build and validate their skills.
AMA’s Digital Marketing Certification is created in partnership with Digital Marketing Institution (DMI). It means that after completing the program you’ll acquire two certificates: one from American Marketing Association and another one from Digital Marketing Institution. Both AMA and DMI are leading authorities on marketing education, that’s why any of these programs will be a great investment in your future career opportunities.
Note that the dual certifications programs are available for those living in the USA. If you live outside the U.S. and still wish to acquire AMA’s and DMI’s Digital Marketing Certification, you should get in touch with the DMI representatives first.
AMA’s Digital Marketing Certification is designed to help marketing professionals demonstrate their expertise in various aspects of digital marketing, such as search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, and online advertising.
What AMA’s Digital Marketing Certification to Choose?
American Marketing Association offers its students 2 profound digital marketing certification programs: Digital Marketing Pro and Advanced Digital Marketing Certification. We’ll describe both of the AMA’s Digital Marketing Certification programs in detail to help you make an informed decision.
Digital Marketing Pro
AMA’s Digital Marketing Pro Certification is a program for traditional marketers, marketing managers, IT managers, small businesses, and everybody who wants to master their marketing skills and become a digital marketing expert. When you enter the program, you gain access to 30 hours of online learning. There are no strict limits in the program: choose your own pace and study whenever it’s convenient.
The price of AMA’s Digital Marketing Pro Certification: $1,955. If you have some problems with the course, there’s a 14-day money-back guarantee, and the price of the certification program can be split up into several payments.
The topics covered in AMA’s Digital Marketing Pro Certification include:
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Paid Search (PPC) Using Google Ads
- Display and Video Advertising
- Email Marketing
- Website Optimization
- Google Analytics
- Digital Marketing Strategy
Apart from the video lessons, you’ll also gain access to MyDMI which is a 360-degree learning environment. Inside MyDMI, you’ll find podcasts, articles, webinars, expert walkthroughs, case studies, and much more. To get more practice, you can try out numerous quizzes available for AMA and DMI students.
As part of your certification program, you’ll be able to take a practice exam available on MyDMI. The practice exam includes 100 questions and lasts for 90 minutes.
After you complete the AMA’s Digital Marketing Pro Certification program, you should schedule your exam at one of Pearson VUE Test Centers. You’ll receive all the necessary information explaining how to schedule an exam. However, we’ve decided to cover a few things you should know about the examination process:
- You should schedule the test within 24 weeks of completing the education process. However, consider taking your first attempt 3-6 weeks after the course to leave enough time for retaking the exam (just in case).
- The test lasts for 120 minutes and consists of about 200 questions. Inside you’ll find questions of various types: text-based multiple choice; image-based multiple choice, matching, and hot spot questions.
- To pass the exam, your overall score should be no less than 60%.
- If you fail the exam, you’re allowed to retake it twice within the 24-week eligibility period.
- The first examination is included in the price of the AMA and DMI Digital Marketing Pro Certification program. However, every time you retake the exam, you’ll have to pay a fee of about $65 depending on your local currency.
If you want to know more about the examination process, topics covered throughout the course, and other details, you can find a brochure on AMA and DMI Digital Marketing Pro Certification program on its main page.
Advanced Digital Marketing Certification
AMA’s Advanced Digital Marketing Certification is an advanced certification program designed for marketers, entrepreneurs, IT Managers, small business owners, and other people passionate about digital marketing. This program is more profound if we compare it to the AMA’s Digital Marketing Pro Certification program.
AMA and DMI Advanced Digital Marketing Certification includes about 140 hours of self-paced learning, and you’ll have up to 52 weeks to finish the program. Apart from the lessons, you’ll get access to electives, live webinars, community forums, tutor support, and much more.
The price of the AMA’s Advanced Digital Marketing Certification program: $5,870. If you have some problems with the course, there’s a 14-day money-back guarantee, and the price of the certification program can be split up into several payments.
Throughout the course, you’ll dive into the following topics:
- Social Media Marketing
- CX, eCommerce, and CRO
- Digital Selling
- Leadership and Management
- Strategy and Planning
- Search and Digital Channels
- Essential Skills
When you purchase the course, you gain 1-year access to DMI Power membership in the MyDMI platform. Apart from ordinary activities available for every user, you’ll find short courses, audiobooks, audio case studies, audio interviews, and presentations, and will also be able to publish your own content.
To acquire your AMA and DMI Advanced Digital Marketing Certification, you’ll need to complete two 5000-word practical assignments:
- A digital marketing research paper;
- A digital marketing strategy document.
As a result, you’ll produce a full digital marketing campaign that will prepare you for the real digital marketing world.
If you want to learn more about the practical assignments, the variety of topics covered, and any other details, you can find a brochure on AMA and DMI Advanced Digital Marketing Certification program on its main page. And if you’re interested in email marketing, you might also like our guides to Hubspot certification and Klaviyo certification.
What Are the Benefits of AMA’s Digital Marketing Certification?
Getting AMA and DMI certification can offer a variety of benefits for marketing professionals. Here’s a list of some of the key advantages:
- Two certifications for the price of one. If you finish the course and pass the exam, you’ll get 2 certificates from the world’s leading educational organizations: American Marketing Association and Digital Marketing Institution. Holding their certification can enhance your professional image and help establish you as an expert in your field.
- Skill validation. Earning an AMA certification demonstrates that you have the necessary knowledge and expertise in a specific area of marketing. This can help you stand out among your peers and increase your credibility within the industry.
- Career advancement. AMA and DMI certification can make you more competitive in the job market and enhance your career prospects. Employers often value candidates with professional certifications as they demonstrate a commitment to ongoing learning and professional growth. About 92% of the graduates said that these digital marketing courses influenced their careers in a good way.
- Increased earning potential. Certified professionals often command higher salaries than their non-certified counterparts, as they are seen as having a higher level of expertise and dedication to their field. 81% of the graduates stated they had been promoted after completing one of AMA’s and DMI’s digital marketing certification programs.
- Professional development. To prepare for AMA’s digital marketing certification, you need to take a course and engage in self-study. This can help you expand your knowledge and stay up-to-date with the latest trends, tools, and best practices in the marketing field.
- Networking opportunities. Being a part of the AMA and DMI communities can provide you with valuable networking opportunities. You can connect with other marketing professionals, share ideas, and learn from others’ experiences.
AMA’s Digital Marketing Certification programs offer a variety of benefits for marketing professionals. These programs provide skill validation, career advancement, increased earning potential, and networking opportunities.
When you complete the course and pass the exam (or write the assignments), you’ll earn two certificates from American Marketing Association and Digital Marketing Institution, which will enhance your professional image and help establish you as an expert in your field. If you want to take your digital marketing skills to the next level, AMA’s Digital Marketing Certification programs are a great investment in your future career opportunities.